Thursday, June 9, 2011

Letter from a Woman Who Has Wanted a Child for a Long Time

June 7, 2011, 6:30 p.m.

To Our Daughter,

I am writing this on a plane, on my way to see you born. I hope I get there in time to watch you unfold and blossom into the world, a healthy, peaceful little girl. Our daughter. It is such a thrill to write that. Our daughter. I suspect it is a thrill that will never go away.

You are a very special girl. So many people have loved you -- your birth mother, B, and your birth father, B. Your dad and I have wanted you for such a long time. In fact, just last week we told you, "come find us. We'll take it from there." We love you so much already and can't wait to meet you.

I can't wait to find out what's happening. Steve, your dad, was on his way to be with you when I got on the plane.

I am sending a special message to God now, and hopefuly writing it down will be a way from it to come through stronger and clearer.

  • May you arrive healthy and happy.
  • May you know love and peace from the moment you take your first breath, and forever after that.
  • May your angels keep close watch over you, and protect you in a world filled with uncertainty. 
  • May we be the best parents for you. We hope you'll never want for anything, that your life will be sunny and filled with beauty and wonder.
  • That you will grow into a compassionate, funny, intelligent woman. We are proud of you already.

OK we are getting ready to land now, so I'm putting this notebook away. Little one, I can't wait to meet you. We will rock this world together.

Love,
Your Mom,
Vanessa McGrady Spiller


Grace Magnolia Spiller, born June 7, 2011, 5:48 p.m.

7 comments:

Joe said...

How wonderful that you & Steven have an adorable outlet for your love....sweet little Grace! Blessings to all of you! Guiseppe

Angie McCullagh said...

OMG!!! Vanessa! How fabulous for you two. You are going to LOVE having a daughter. Beautiful name, beautiful girl, beautiful mom. Can't wait to hear more details!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Through tears, congratulations Vanessa. You will be a fabulous mother. Being a mom changed my life in ways I never expected, and I'm so happy that you will experience it. I'd love to hear more about your adoption if/when you're ready to share that.

Grace is BEAUTIFUL.

Karen said...

Absolutely, positively the most awesomely wonderful news!

love love love to all three of you!
Mylar, Leo, and Daniel

Anonymous said...

Vanessa! How exciting How wonderful! I just want to jump for joy for you & Steve! She is beautiful. What a wonderful welcome letter to her. Blessings to you & your family.
--Tonya

liza_lewellen said...

Grace is such a lucky little girl to have been brought into this world into your loving arms. You and Steven will be wonderful parents - I can't wait to see her grow up - looking so forward to the years to come. You deserve all the best - congratulations my dear!!! Love you so much!! xoxoxoxoxo

liza_lewellen said...

What a lucky little girl to have found your loving arms!! I am so happy for you guys!! You will be amazing parents!! I can't wait to watch her grow up. It's so amazing how things work out - you deserve all the happiness in the world and I know little Grace is going to be such a unique little girl!! She has to with parents like you!! Big hug from way too many miles away!!! xoxoxoxo