Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ciao, 2009!



Dear 2009,

Thank you for such a rich year. Thank you for the love, the tears, the conundrums, the fabulous thrift scores, the time I got to spend with family and friends. And all those IDEAS.

You know what I really liked? The very best thing about you? That this year I set out on the path to adopt my child, and took the steps I needed to become part of this pool of waiting, eligible parents. (I don't know if you're reading this, 2007 and 2008, but I know you introduced the ideas, but really, it was 2009 that things really got moving.)

There were, of course, some things I'd rather you hadn't brought around. Like my collapsed lung, for example. And this terrible economy and the accompanying plummeting value of my properties. And those icky wars.

As you usher yourself out, I want to say goodbye to you, and to please do not be upset if I like 2010 better ... especially as I iron out some of those ideas and make them real.

Love,

Vanessa


Bookmark and Share

No comments: