Monday, November 30, 2009

RIP Cindy Schafer



I didn't know her well. She'd come around and take corporate photographs and the last conversation we had was about her name and me confusing her with the famous Cindy Sherman. She was always happy and smiling and smart and accommodating. Another delight in another day.

The news came today that she'd died yesterday in a seaplane crash in Canada. As I look over her website and blog, I'm sad that I didn't know her better. We would have been friends. I would have gone to her recent show in Pasadena if I knew about it.

This comes as just another reminder that anything can happen to anyone at any time. Death does not come at our convenience. Our slates aren't always clean. How are we spending our time? Have you become the person you want people to remember?


And, in case I happen to die before I see you again, I love you. You all know who you are.



Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

blah said...

I love you too Vanessa :)

40licious said...

Thanks, sweet one. I don't know why but that makes me all teary. Be extra careful with your very good self. xoxo

The Cigar Maiden said...

I love you too, Vanessa! Also, I am proud to report that I am finally happy with who I am and what people will remember of me.

I would remember how wonderful you are, so don't fret. :)

VisitLaManzanilla said...

I love you too, my dear. Nice post and good reminder, "no time like the present."

40licious said...

I love you, June and Mia. Plus, I am proud to know you both.

Bella Luce Photography said...

Cindy was an incredible human being...I love her dearly and she will be missed. ;(